14 October 2011

Video of the week -- Asche zu Asche


If I had to name one band as my all-time favorite, it would be Rammstein. My translation of the song:

Warmer Körper, heißes Kreuz, falsches Urteil, kaltes Grab
Warm body, hot cross, false verdict, cold grave

Auf dem Kreuze lieg' ich jetzt
Sie schlagen mir die Nägel ein
Das Feuer wäscht die Seele rein
Und übrig bleibt ein Mund voll.....Asche!
On the cross I now lie,
They drive the nails into me
The fire washes the soul clean
And what's left is a mouth full of.....ash!

Ich komm' wieder, in zehn Tagen
Als dein Schatten, und werd' dich jagen
I come again, in ten days
As your shadow, and I will hunt you

Heimlich werd' ich auferstehen
Und du wirst um Gnade flehen
Dann knie ich mich in dein Gesicht
Und steck' den Finger in die.....Asche!
Secretly I shall rise from the dead
And you will beg for mercy
Then I'll kneel in your face
And stick my finger in the.....ash!

Asche zu Asche, und Staub zu Staub
Ash to ash, and dust to dust

A previous video of the week by Rammstein is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ahab said...

I discovered Rammstein in college, and I like some of their older stuff. "Sonne" remains one of my all-time favorites by Rammstein.

14 October, 2011 09:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home